I am out on my first business trip since starting BTWG and so far it has been OK. I was totally excited to loose my "safety net" of measuring cups, measuring spoons and scale just to challenge myself. I printed out the Subway nutrition info (you can find Subway everywhere and you can control ingredients was my logic) and I printed out the breakfast menu for the restaurant I knew I was meeting someone for a breakfast meeting. I pack (in my checked bag) almonds, raisins and LARA bars. Then, off to the airport...
I do not have the new Indy airport down yet. I feel out of my element. I could not find Subway, is there no Subway anymore in the airport? I decide to wait till I get to my gate to tackle the food challenge. I get there, it 1:30 pm and I am passing the "3" on the hunger scale and heading for a "2". There is Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery by my gate- seriously, you can't make this stuff up. I kinda felt like I as on a BTWG game show where I had to find something healthy to eat in all the junk and the clock was ticking......
I found peanuts- 200 calories for about 1/4 cup and yes they had salts. I know, I got voted off the game show. I did only eat about 1/4 cup though. Lesson here: pack snack in your carryon bag! Duh!
Cannot find Subway at O'Hare either...
Long story short, I make it to Kansas City and no one gets hurt.
Today is easier- I little more control. I did order a salad at Panera for lunch and I knew upon first bite the dressing was loaded with sugar. I have had no sugar for 3 weeks so I have to say my taste buds did get a little excited. Once I checked the calories it was not tooooo bad- 520 for the whole salad. I will need to work on the lunch with franchisees thing- you do not know where or when you are going so I will need to try and control this a little more.
Subway salad for dinner- no cheese, no dressing and an apple.
Ahhh, Day 1 of travel eating accomplished. Now off for travel yoga and meditation...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Way to go, Patti! You were faced with all the worst obstacles and made it through - I'd definitely keep you on the island! :)
ReplyDeletePatti,wow you did great. Faced with easy fixes, you still followed the principles that have been laid down for us. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your trip went!
ReplyDeleteHey Patti,
ReplyDeleteGreat job. I've been road testing BTWG the past few days and have found that while it can be challenging, it is doable. Though I am looking forward to getting back to my pace at home and back to my flow.
Peace,
Chris