Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Race Commitment

While visiting my sister this weekend, we made a decision to do Lexington's Mid Summer's Night Run together later this summer. My sister, Cyndi, has participated many times but has not been as consistent since having twins just shy of three years ago (I can't figure out why!) and I have never done the race, in fact we have never done any sort of race together. I am not up to running yet so I think the last summer date of 8/15/2009 is perfect.

So this is for us, our commitment to wellness, for the ups and downs of life, and for sisterhood.

I hope someone warns the race committee!

4 comments:

  1. If you and sis are going to be stirring things up there and causing trouble, all I can think is, "Take me with you!" What a wonderful event to look forward to - good job you! Also, I really enjoyed having your husband Dave in yoga class tonight. I had never put your first name to a last name, and when he said I knew his wife Patti, I could NOT connect to what he was saying. Then he mentioned BTWG and I said, "OH, PATTI C!!!! I know her as Patti C. of Wild Birds!" Anyway, nice guy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Patti! No Excuses! Let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti:
    Way to go! I think you will enjoy running with a bunch of folks - it really does keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti what a great idea! I am doing something similar in the fall with my godchild (niece) who is having her second baby on April 17th. She is going to train the "Couch to 5K" program and I am going to go down and join her for a race in Franklin, Tennessee where she lives in the fall. It is really fun to be with a group of people as Kelly said. I know the few times so far that I have done this, it has been a great experience!
    Keep me posted as to how your preparation is going cause BTWG has done so much for me in the sense of getting ready for the Mini that I would love to share my experience about it with you. It's all about progress and not being too hard on yourself. Chris is an awesome resource!

    ReplyDelete