Friday, July 17, 2009

Lopsided

Hello fellow BTWGers-

I cannot believe it has been so long since my last post! I am definitely caught up in the current of summer. I thought summer would be so "easy" but instead it has been b-u-s-y.
Like Sherri I have been half on, half off. I have maintained my weight for the most part (I lost a little over vacation- more on that later). Eating has been pretty good but exercise has been random. Overall I was happy being in my "summer mode", thinking some things through and knowing that this is a process and not a race.
Thank goodness it is not a race because I have broken my foot. Yes, the day before vacation with my yoga mats packed for lakeside practice and my walking stick in the trunk for fantastic woodland walks I missed a step in the garage and broke the 5th metatarsal on my right foot. I did not know it was broken for 2 days- I was shaking off like a good BTWG gal and thought it was just a sprain, but it was not to be. So I am now wearing the fancy boot- you know the one- reminiscent of ancient ski books but with Velcro instead of metal clasps. I am still planning on working out doing what I can and of course watching my eating. I am a little bummed because I had signed up to do 5K with my sister on August 15th and, unless Cyndi carries me (hmmmm....), that likely will not happen. So I am still half on, half off. I can say that crutches are a great upper body workout- I may do a video! That is how I think I managed to lose 6 pounds on vacation- that and tricep dipping my way up the steps one night!
I have been very bummed to miss the BTWG meetings on Saturday- you all are such a great way to spend a Saturday morning! I hope to join you next week!

3 comments:

  1. Patti:
    So sorry to hear about your foot, ugh! The video sounds like a great idea - crutch pose captured! :)
    hope to see you tomorrow!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti,

    So sorry about your foot. Odd, my wife, Jen, and Ginger both had stress fractures in their feet. This is the year for foot-breaks. Way to go for not letting it completely slow you down. And won't you feel wonderful when you can go without the damn boot! How long till then? BY THE WAY: Both Jen and Ginger talked about lingering pain around the break area AFTER they were given a clean bill of health. So don't let that make you think you are still "broken". It's probably the tendons and muscles around the break that have been un-worked for so long. And they will ache!

    Hang in there!

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, well, what a bummer about the foot - it's like there's been a BTWG foot rebellion the past few months. Bet you look HOT in your velcro boot, girlfriend! Want to gather on the southside sometime next week for tea/coffee, etc? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete